From the article “Genealogy Made Easy: 16 Ideas under 20 Minutes“:
Want to do genealogy but don’t have a lot of time? No problem! Genealogy is made easy with these quick activities from FamilySearch. Learn more about yourself and your family history in just a few minutes.
- Discover the meaning of your last name, including how many people have the same last name and where the last name comes from… (see more ideas)
- Discover more about your heritage with FamilySearch’s country pages.
- Take time to record some of your own personal history. (see more ideas)
- Play a family trivia game, and see how well you know your parents and siblings.
- As a family, talk about some of your favorite traditions. Be sure to record these traditions in your memories app. (see more ideas)
It’s all about family. FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations. FamilySearch believes that families bring joy and meaning to life.
Learning about our ancestors helps us better understand who we are—creating a family bond, linking the present to the past, and building a bridge to the future.
Our vision is carried out by a dedicated team of employees and volunteers who work tirelessly to preserve and share the largest collection of genealogical and historical records in the world. We strive to create and link the best and most valuable research resources to help people discover who they are by exploring where they come from. For over 100 years, FamilySearch and its predecessors have been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide.